Sunday, February 19, 2012

how many times?

Do you let someone stomp all over you until you have had enough?  What if that someone is a bunch of someones?  And they are family?
I'm great at helping others thru their problems, but kinda suck with my own...  I've made it a habit to let these people stomp all over me.  a long habit, so its nice and set in there.  And I don't know how to stop.  I"m using some anger management techniques to help.  I"m trying to separate myself as much as possible.  They hurt the kiddo, so he will not be around for days that the rest of the family are spending time with these people.  I've made the decision that they will NOT HURT MY CHILD.  And if they start being mean to the baby, they won't see him either.  So one down... now to work on me.
It hurts hubby when I"m not there, especially this year when we have so little time together and want to be close. Its not happening...
But I"m going to be strong this time, will not let someone break me.  Because I am a strong woman and I will not be held down by someone else's opinion of me that is based not on what I have done, but what they expect me to do.  So I will be strong, and I will not be hurt again.  and if it costs me their scorn, then so be it. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment