Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Things that I understand...

With the Hubby getting ready to deploy I get lots of advice from friends.  Some is just crazy.
I know that I should have expected this, he is in the military. No, I did not ask for this.  Yes I can live without him in phone call range, I am a strong woman.  No, I have no idea where he is going.  I feel that even when he is not in my country, his fight is to make sure that my country stays free.  And a million more answers that I have to give, over and over.
I don't feel that I need to explain my life every time he leaves.  Its hard, for me and the kids.  I do what I can to stay strong.  I also cry a lot when the boys are sleeping.  I miss him every minute of every day and I love him more than I could possibly say, but I also support him.  I am strong because of that.  It sucks, really really bad but I also become stronger every time he leaves.
I am a military wife and I know that he will leave.  That is why I cherish every day that he is home.  I record him playing with the boys so that they will remember all the fun dad is, and that he does care, even if he is a bizillion miles away. 
We still include him in our life, its just different.  I guess that if you don't have a loved one in the military you won't understand.  But just remember, just cause you don't get it doesn't mean it doesn't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment