Friday, July 1, 2011

4 day weekend

Which means a BBQ.  I love having all my friends over to sit and talk and knit and just have a fun time.  I don't like the set up or the clean up.  I guess I'm more of a wind down type of girl.
The sister is making the trek down to my house from her place in North Carolina, its only 10 hours, but this is the first visit to my house since we moved in in 2008.  I only see her every two years or so, so I"m mostly excited.  But we do tend to fight a bit when we are together.  She's one of my best friends when she is 500 or so miles away!
Had to take the Jeep in to get fixed today.  I keep telling myself that its cheaper than a car payment.  Its 'only' 550$ to fix the window.  ONLY!!!  I keep looking at new cars and wanting, but I know that the car I want (Subaru Outback) would be a waste of money.  When we move we can only take one car and the rabbit has the best gas mileage (gas is expensive in Europe) and will be paid off in two years.  So I will stick with the jeep that is paid off, in good running order and is fun to drive.  (plus the Subaru payment is 550$ and we really can't swing that every month).

Every year I do pay it forward with crafts.  I have only one shawl left to complete my pay it forward.  I'm stuck.  Can't get the edging on the swallowtail shawl right.  So I'm procrastinating it. 
With this. and about 6 other shawls that I knit in June when I should have been working on the swallowtail.  I'm a bad bad girl... but a very good knitter. 
I sent this one off to a friend of mine in exchange for a hat for the kiddo...  He likes hats and I knit backwards so all tube shapes come out twisted.  I figure that its easier to knit a shawl and mail it rather than try to change how I knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment