Friday, July 22, 2011

welcome back anxiety

I have night school, so whit the hubby gone, I have to leave the baby at the sitters over night.  Well, Wednesday was the first night that I didn't have my little guy at home.  It was quiet all night, but I couldn't sleep too well.  Thursday morning the babysitter and I agreed that it would be best for him to keep to his schedule as much as he could.  So I didn't go to pick him up til 3pm. 
It was a sad morning, the kiddo loved being the only child, but even he was missing his brother by lunchtime.  So I let him go on my weekly lunch with me.  So my knitting friend and I went with kiddo up to Cracker Barrel for some comfort food, just what I needed.  And we timed our late lunch so that we could leave the restraunt and get the baby.
After I get the baby set in his seat we head to Wal-Mart, my favorite store for quick pick-ups and groceries between trips to the commissary (cause I"m not driving 40 miles round trip for a gallon of milk).  the kids are great in the store, no argueing or fights or anything.  So off we go towards home.
We get back on the highway, going under the overpass and past the light when I notice a car shoot off the exit ramp and a little white car behind him.  I didn't like how close the little white car was to the car in front and then I notice that he was going to hit me!  SO I beep my horn and take my foot off the gas but it was too late. Crash, right into my front passengers side.  I pull over and just freak out!!!
The kiddo tells me that he's ok and the baby is crying.  I look in the rear view mirror but I can't see much.  So I call 911 quick and the ambulance gets there. I also call my babysitter because I just can't do this alone.  So the baby was crying because he wet himself during the crash.  He was so happy that he got to wear underwear out to the store for the first time ever.  He keeps telling me that he peed his underpants and he is bad and sorry. So I'm holding him and telling him that he isn't bad, it was an accident and he will be ok.
The EMS released the boys, saying that if they got bad or anything to call 911 again or take them to the hospital.  So I let my babies go with the babysitter, not knowing how long it would take to get home, if I could drive my car, nothing.
As the officer is collecting my information, two more cars crash right next to me.  The lady driving the first car slammed on her brakes to see the accident and the car behind her crashed right in to her.  It was just horrid!  I felt that my accident caused other accidents, and that just made me cry. 
An hour later I was released to go home, so home I went.  My car was making a weird noise and the window is broken and I just don't know why.  I"m not a car person.  I"m a 'honey, I think there is something wrong with the car, fix it' person.  But I get home.
My best friend calls me soon after I walk into the house.  I go outside to the back porch, one of my relaxing places in the house and look out into the back yard.  There on the baby's slide is a snake.  So I scream, there is a snake and just scream and scream.  Poor friend is on the phone telling me to calm down and don't worry, they are on their way right now to my house and hangs up.
I'm scared, then I get mad.  Really, really mad.  I'm not gonna let ANYTHING ELSE hurt my babies!  NO WAY!!!  So I march out to the shed and get hubby's ax.  WHACK. no more snake problem.  Then I go back up to the deck and just lose it.  The neighbors came  over and tried to calm me down.  Its ok, its over.  But the emotions are still there!  The fear, the thought that my babies could have been killed by a man that wanted to get home just a few minutes earlier, and then the fact that a snake was playing on my baby's favorite toy! 
NO!  That is not how I want this week to be!
I finally calm down, my friends pick up the kids form the sitter, they feed them and help me to file my insurance claim, plus the knowledge that they were 10 minutes away, and they left to take care of their own children.  Which was fine because 10 minutes later more friends came over to sit with me and make sure that we were all ok. 
This morning I decided to take the kids to their doctors and the kiddo is sent to the ER because he has headaches.  He has a concussion.  Wonderful.  So the little man is ok, but my big boy is hurt.  Another reason that I just want to curl up and cry today. 
But hopefully I will have a nice relaxing weekend and it will all be better soon... Because right now I have to keep driving when all I want to do is stay HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment